Tuesday 24 July 2012

Why "Baby Loss Crap"?

I chose this unconventional name after hearing myself say to close friends "yes, we're still doing this baby loss crap".

Or to a new family "yes, it is not fair, it's unexpected, it's messy, it's hard and at times, it's total crap".

Sometimes, when I'm feeling like I need to be totally truthful with the person standing in front of me I'll call it "baby loss crap".

There is no sweet phrase to describe this journey. I tried for years to make sense of it and to ask out loud the big question "why?"

I chose my words carefully, to spare the rest of the world the pain of knowing what this is truly like.

But being authentic is important to me and living one part of my life to meet the expectations of everyone else is taking too much energy.

This is the year that I promised myself I would take off the mask and show my true self.

And part of my true self is being authentically comfortable with my own journey, not just those I help.

So there it is: baby loss crap, the good, the bad, the ugly, but always true!

No comments:

Post a Comment